Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
The City of Poplar Bluff requests qualifications for preliminary engineering services, subsequent engineering design services, and construction inspection services for a proposed project to be partially financed with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. The remainder of the project is being financed by the city with in-kind services. The project consists of paving portions of various streets within the city. Streets proposed for paving include Riverview, Faye, Emma, Eve, Bradley, Abbington, Marion, Bradley, East Henry, Apple, Clare, Cliff, Center, Neat, North 2nd, Harper, Dalton, North 13th, Goins Dr., Nickey, and Wiseman Ave. Information provided to the city must include the following:
1. The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to the project or related work;
2. The capacity and capability of the firm to perform all work in question, including specialized services, within a period of thirty months beginning May 1, 2020;
3. The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules;
4. The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
5. References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years; and,
6. Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. Once the most qualified firm is selected, the costs for preliminary engineering, engineering design, and construction inspection will all be negotiated separately. The ability to begin work immediately and guarantee preliminary design submittal to the city within two months of the date of selection plus numbers 2 & 3 above shall receive primary consideration.
Documentation of the above information should be submitted no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, at 2:00 pm to the Poplar Bluff City Hall, 501 Vine Street, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901. Submissions should be sealed and marked as Engineering Services for Street Paving, Attention: City Clerk. For more information, contact City Planner Matt Winters at 573-785-8620. The City of Poplar Bluff is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.