DREAM stands for Downtown Revitalization Economic Assistance for Missouri and it is a new initiative created through a partnership of three development agencies:
The D.R.E.A.M. Initiative
- The Missouri Department of Economic Development
- The Missouri Development Finance Board
- The Missouri Housing Development Commission
DREAM Initiative is a comprehensive, streamlined approach to downtown revitalization that provides a one-stop shop of technical and financial assistance for select communities to more efficiently and effectively engage in the downtown revitalization process.This unique new tool reduces the complexity involved in financing downtown revitalization plans through a coordinated approach.
- It centralizes several major state incentives
- It offers direct access to financial technical assistance at the preliminary proposal stage
- It is supported by a team of professionals specifically dedicated to helping your community rebuild its central business district
- It substantially shortens the redevelopment timeline
In August of 2007, the City of Poplar Bluff was designated by Governor Matt Blunt as a DREAM community. This designation will assist the City in our efforts to revitalize our downtown area.
Check Back for Updates
Please continue to check back on this page for further information regarding the DREAM initiative in the City of Poplar Bluff.